Our COVID -19 Safety Protocols
During the three months our office was closed to routine eye care due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we engaged in staff training and formulated a sound safety
protocol for re-opening.
After resuming patient care for several months now, we are confident the following precautions have kept our patients and Invision team members safe.
Our safety protocol:
- To optimize social distance, all services are by appointment: examinations, frame selections, dispensing of eyewear and adjustment of eyewear .
- You must wear a mask, covering both nose and mouth.
- Before entering Invision, you will be asked to review a list of COVID symptoms and asked whether there has been close contact with a family member/ roommate/ partner with confirmed COVID-19 in the past 14 days. If there are no symptoms and no COVID contacts, patients/customers enter and will be asked to use hand sanitizer.
- To maintain social distance we will ask that you come alone for your appointment with as few belongings as possible.
- To streamline our exam process, patients will be asked to complete our online patient registration prior to their eye examination.
- All equipment surfaces will have been disinfected in advance.
- Your forehead temperature will be taken with a non-contact thermometer.
- Vision assessment will be done with our advanced remote-controlled refraction system allowing adequate social distance.
- Plastic face shields on our biomicroscope and indirect ophthalmoscope, and the use of our retinal camera, help to maximize distancing while providing you with an extensive eye health assessment.
- The room is well ventilated but at times the door may be opened to maximize air flow.
- Following or during the examination, you are invited to select frames if desired.
- All transactions begin with hand sanitizer.
- Our skilled opticians will curate your frame selection by assisting you in selecting frames from our displays.
- Worn frames are disinfected before returning to the display cases.
- A face shield on our pupillometer allows us to make exact measurements of pupillary distance in a safe manner.
- All common surfaces are disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available: We will ask you to use it at numerous points during your visit and we will too (unless we are washing our hands with soap and water for 20 sec).
- In addition to debit and credit cards, we accept Apple Pay for touchless cash transactions.
Even though you won’t see our smiles behind our masks, know that we are happy to see you!
Drs. Edna and Clifford Lee